Dienstag, 10. August 2010

Hey, what you are doing?

Those of you who follow the discussions on the IRC channel and Twitter already know, we have Python 3.x Support now in Trunk, so sphinx-py3k can be considered a success. However what else is going on?

One of the problems with both i18n and websupport is that we need a way to identify parts of documentation across multiple builds. A simple example is a document, it has multiple paragraphs and we want store comments for each paragraph, we need to keep track of the paragraph even if the document changes or the paragraph itself does. If we don't we have to throw away all the comments for every build as we don't know where we have to put them or if they still apply in case a paragraph has been removed entirely.

Especially identifying a changed paragraph is a bit complicated and required a bit of research on my side however I have a solution which should work mostly, it doesn't pass all the test I came up with however I hope to be able to finish my work soon, so I can talk to birkenfeld about merging my branch with trunk so it can be used in web-support and i18n.

You can take a look at the code in the bitbucket repo, if you want to keep updated about the most recent developments I suggest visiting #pocoo on freenode and/or following me on Twitter. These would also be the right places to ask me questions about the project or to simply ask me about the current status.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen